The Applications Specialist AP provides technical assistance and training to customers by performing and providing: client support and technical issue resolution via phone, email, other electronic medium, and traveling to client site. The incumbent must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and co-workers. The Applications Specialist AP is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction using ACES Systems products and services and makes certain the users get maximum benefits from them. The incumbent may talk staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone; troubleshoot application problems and diagnose and solve hardware/software faults; replace parts as required; provide support, including procedural documentation; and support the roll-out of new products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|45%||Provide technical support with knowledge of ACES Systems equipment coupled with existing aviation/industry knowledge. This often times leads into being an engineering liaison, and interpreting vibration data for the customer, and troubleshooting airframe/engine issues. Includes coordination for return of products for repair.|
|25%||Develop, improve, or modify hardware (brackets and mounts) and software applications in support of ACES product support. This includes answering technical questions, troubleshooting, training, and solving hardware and software problems.|
|15%||Support engineering projects as a system subject matter expert by performing software and hardware functional testing to ensure compliance with design specifications and publication updates. Software Testing along with normal regression testing prior to SP releases, any new feature tested in the lab and on aircraft if possible.|
|10%||Oversee the research, compile, and write datasheets and application notes on the operation of products using knowledge in rotor track, balance, fan trim balance, propeller balancing, and general vibration analysis applications.|
|5%||Attend meetings, seminars, and trade shows as required|
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills, responding to inquiries within a reasonable amount of time to call-outs. Ability to multitask, prioritize a variety of tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Customer focused individual who believes in ensuring promises are delivered upon and can foster a climate of trust and cooperation with colleagues and customers
- Skillful at promoting ideas and interacting positively and with confidence
- Ability to work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate); prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Proven communication skills both orally and written with customers and internal co-workers. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills. Ability to rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism
- Knowledge and experience with technical drawings and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of rotor track, balance is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret Helicopter Polar Charts is preferred
- Knowledge of fan trim balance, propeller balancing, and general vibration analysis is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of personal computers that must include troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems
- Experience with SAP Business One preferred
- Minimum 4 years hands-on or working experience relating to helicopter and/or fixed wing aircraft maintenance
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Valid Passport preferred (not required)
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate preferred or applicable military experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Works predominately at office desk: carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements regarding computerized data entry and data processing tasks.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to internal and external stakeholders in both a one-on-one and group setting.
- The job requires use of hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects 1 lb. to 20 lbs. multiple times each month and objects 20-50 lbs. rarely, perhaps a couple of times each month.
- Job requires walking or standing often and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Works in environmentally controlled work area with adequate lighting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- May require personal safety equipment such as hearing and eye protection in PPE specified areas.
- Travels (including airline travel) periodically to customer sites
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Desk, PC, Telephone, Cellular telephone, multi-meter, oscilloscope, ACES Systems equipment
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Tish Dison, HR Manager, at (865) 218-5814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.