JOB SUMMARY: The team at TEC is actively developing the next generation embedded systems. We’re growing, and we need embedded developers. TEC products often use the newest Cortex M4 to M7 32-bit processors by ST Micro, Microchip, and Nordic Semi. Our customers fly jets, drive trains, and run tractors, leaving a world of products to make. We’re OEM, leaving our team the responsibility and latitude to perform the entire innovative product development. Our developers are key to steering product concepts, design, delivery, and support. Join our team to unleash your inner nerd.
TEC Huntsville work environment is an open concept, downtown location. We have landscape views of downtown. *CS get first option to be in the dark room, if desired 🙂 .
A Software Developer – Embedded Systems solves complex business problems using standard concepts, practices, tools and techniques within the framework of TEC’s development process. Under the supervision of a project lead, the developer provides timely execution of all phases of the software development process. The developer works from a defined set of requirements to achieve the business objectives within a prescribed timeline. The developer has a key role in the development and sustainability of cloud services.
START DATE OPTIONS
Immediately through January
Chief Technology Officer
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|60%||Perform software development efforts through the entire product development life cycle – from concept to production release and support. Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.|
|10%||Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review. Provide feedback regarding usability issues concerning software specifications. Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.|
|10%||Perform software testing and quality assurance.|
|10%||Support, maintain and document software functionality.|
|5%||Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.|
|5%||Interact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel.|
- Highly experienced with microcontroller software in C, C++ using cross-platform tools.
- Experience with RTOS including Zephyr RTOS.
- Experience with hardware driver firmware of wireless systems like LoRa, Wi-Fi, or similar.
- Experience with Linux systems is highly preferred.
- Experience with hardware debugging supporting prototype product development and debug.
- Knowledgeable in network APIs.
- Ability to work in multiple-developer projects using version control systems.
- Well organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to keep supervisor and other team members apprised on a regular basis of all activities.
- Ability to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Ability to perform assignments independently with appropriate instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from management and/or a project lead.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Over three (3) years of experience in software development, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (computer science, electrical engineering, etc.) OR within 1 year of graduation with BS OR within 2 years of graduation with MS.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Works predominately in an office environment: extensive computer work, carrying out both manual and repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks; and providing verbal contact with customers and co-workers.
- May lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects in excess of 1 lb. to 20 lbs frequently (75 %) and in excess of 20 lbs occasionally (10%).
- Job may require walking or standing for brief periods of time and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing as job requires.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Extended hours may be necessary as workload dictates. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, various meters, computer driven test equipment, etc.
- Standard office machines, including computer, Microsoft Teams, copier, and scanner.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Tish Dison, HR Manager, at (865) 218-5814 or email@example.com.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual