JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Software Developer solves complex business problems using software tools and techniques within the framework of TEC’s development process. The developer provides technical leadership and timely execution during all phases of the software development process. The developer balances the discipline and rigor of the engineering process, innovation, and achieving schedule milestones to meet business objectives. The developer has a key role in the development and sustainability of cloud services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|50%||Drive the software development efforts through the entire product development life cycle – from concept to production release and support. Design, code and debug applications in various software languages. Perform software testing and quality assurance.|
|10%||Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis. Provide feedback regarding usability issues concerning software specifications. Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.|
|10%||Support, maintain and document software functionality.|
|10%||Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.|
|5%||Mentor junior engineers.|
|5%||Provide leadership in the areas of software project planning and management to include preparation and/or modification of manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.|
|5%||Interact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel.|
|5%||Stay informed about the latest software tools and trends. Share applicable updates with the team.|
- Highly experienced with software development of edge devices in connected environment.
- Experience with development of software for devices, servers, datacenter, and cloud solutions.
- Experience in development of software for measurement systems (instrumentation, control systems).
- Experience preferred in flight systems (on-aircraft hardware systems).Experience with Linux systems is highly preferred.
- Experience with hardware debugging supporting prototype product development and debug.
- Ability to work in multiple-developer projects using version control systems.
- Well organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to keep supervisor and other team members apprised on a regular basis of all activities.
- Ability to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Ability to perform assignments independently with appropriate instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from management and/or a project lead.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred Master of Science degree in a technical field (computer science, electrical engineering, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (computer science, electrical engineering, etc.)
- 5-10 years experience in software development including embedded systems and server systems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Works predominately in an office environment: extensive computer work, carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks; and providing verbal contact with customers and co-workers.
- May lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects in excess of 1 lb. to 20 lbs frequently (75 %) and in excess of 20 lbs occasionally (10%).
- Job may require walking or standing for brief periods of time and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing as job requires.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Extended hours may be necessary as workload dictates. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, various meters, computer driven test equipment, etc.
- Standard office machines, including computer, Microsoft Teams, copier, and scanner.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Tish Dison, HR Manager, at (865) 218-5814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.