The Corporate Controller leads the financial reporting function, monitoring and enhancing internal control measures, and coordination of administrative, business planning, accounting, budgeting, and public reporting responsibilities of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|50%||Plans, directs and coordinates daily accounting functions, ensuring compliance to company policy and regulatory requirements.|
|10%||Analyzes financial data and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including P&L’s for four product lines; monitors progress and changes and keeps senior leadership abreast of the company’s financial status.|
|10%||Manages and coordinates internal and external audit activities.|
|5%||Manages, trains, and delegates responsibility to the accounting and administrative staff.|
|5%||Plans, directs and coordinates annual budget activities.|
|5%||Identifies and manages business risks, including insurance administration.|
|5%||Works with HR/Payroll to process entries for employment activities including but not limited to bi-weekly payroll and benefit administration.|
|5%||Oversees the cash management function.|
|5%||Develops, monitors, and trains other functional personnel on accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.|
- Qualified candidate will have verifiable experience with all key responsibilities mentioned.
- Candidate must be proficient in all aspects of accounting for a manufacturing facility and all pertinent financial reporting standards.
- Knowledge of cost accounting in a manufacturing company, project cost accounting for engineering projects, and cost accounting for government projects a plus.
- Exhibit the highest levels of ethics, conduct activities with integrity and project a professional personal presentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Courteous and cordial oral communication skills in-person and on the telephone. Must be clearly understood and have a command of the English language.
- Must possess a high level of initiative.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Applied knowledge of standard accounting procedures, financial concepts, operational systems, and analytical tools in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, fixed assets management and payroll.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP and reporting tools, SAP Business One, Transact-SQL and/or Crystal Reports experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) essential.
- Demonstrated experience in providing accurate financial information to the BOD and Executive Team.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar; CPA and/or MA a plus.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible Finance/Accounting experience.
- Five (5) years of supervisory or management responsibilities, strongly preferred.
- Three (3) years accounting experience in a manufacturing facility, strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Works predominately at office desks: extensive computer work, carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks; and providing verbal contact with customers and co-workers.
- Works in environmentally controlled work area with adequate lighting.
- May lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects of 1 lb. to 20 lbs. occasionally (5%).
- Job may require walking or standing for brief periods and may include periodic bending, stooping, and crouching, as job requires.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organizational and communication skills.
- Limited domestic travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Standard office machines, including computer, multiline phone system, fax, postage, copier, scanner, and binder.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Tish Dison, HR Manager, at (865) 218-5814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.