JOB SUMMARY:The Product Manager EP is responsible for a product line contribution (Powermetrix) as a strategic business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. The Product Manager EP will build embedded and application software products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. The Product Manager EP must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The incumbent must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the electric power market.
The Product Manager EP must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. The incumbent will work with the VP Product Management & Strategic Marketing to define product release requirements. You will work with Sales and Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product offering, working closely with Engineering on detailed designs, functional specifications, project management, and testing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|30%||Manages the Powermetrix product life cycle, specifies market requirements for current and future products, and conducts market research including but not limited to industry research, surveys, customer and non-customer visits|
|25%||Manages the EP Product Support team to assure they are effective and efficient in meeting the needs of customers and stakeholders|
|20%||Provide technical information and support to Powermetrix division customers and sales reps. This includes answering technical questions, troubleshooting, training, and solving hardware and software problems.|
|10%||Support EP Product Support and Marketing through the development of various technical documentation including application notes, FAQs, user manuals, field training presentations, and online content|
|10%||Perform product demonstrations at trade shows, online seminars, and other events as necessary|
|5%||Support Sales and Business Development on key accounts by providing information on products, feature/benefit opportunities, and competitive comparisons|
- Proven communication skills both orally and written with customers and internal co-workers. Ability to rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Customer focused individual who believes in ensuring promises are delivered upon and can foster a climate of trust and cooperation with colleagues and customers
- Skillful at promoting ideas and interacting positively and with confidence
- Ability to work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate); prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment
- Experience with cloud services, APIs and system integrations, and analytics
- Experience with Microsoft Office and web-based project management and communication tools
- Experience with electric utilities or power generation organizations preferred
- B.S. degree in Business or Engineering, MBA preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Works predominately at office desk: carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to internal and external stakeholders in both a one-on-one and group setting.
- The job requires use of hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects 1 lb. to 20 lbs. multiple times each month and objects 20-50 lbs. rarely, perhaps a couple of times each month.
- Job requires walking or standing often and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Works in environmentally controlled work area with adequate lighting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- May require personal safety equipment such as hearing and eye protection in PPE specified areas.
- Travels (including international travel) 25-50% annually to customer and vendor sites
Desk, PC, Telephone, Cellular telephone, multi-meter, oscilloscope, Powermetrix equipment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Tish Dison, HR Manager, at (865) 218-5814 or email@example.com.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.