JOB SUMMARY: The Regional Sales Manager is tasked with uncovering new sales opportunities, closing sales, supporting customers, and overall management of a specific geographic territory in order to grow Powermetrix sales.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|70%||Executes sales plans to meet performance expectations by traveling to customer sites for product sales/demonstrations and participating in industry-related trade shows, seminars, conferences, etc. Completes quotes for budgeting and purchases, ensuring their completeness and pricing accuracy. Reviews purchase orders, terms and conditions, and then follows up with customers to ensure accurate receipt of order. Documents all contacts and correspondence in contact management software accurately.|
|15%||Acts as the liaison between new/existing customers and product development. Ascertains customer needs and discusses how their needs could be met. Provides feedback to product support and marketing to assist in identifying product improvements, new product opportunities, or competitive threats.|
|10%||Actively identifies prospective new customers using ALL available means including but not limited to “cold calling,” emailing, referrals, networking, etc.|
|5%||Gathers, analyzes and integrates competitive information and market conditions to prepare sales forecasts. Monitors financial, technological and market factors to capitalize on service and market opportunities. Advises management on status of accounts, including changes that may affect TEC’s business.|
- 10 years of technical direct sales and/or utility experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, 50% – 80% of the time, in support of sales activities.
- Ability to work extended hours, when required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and business judgment in the handling of complex business issues and difficult customer situations. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Courteous and cordial oral communication skills in-person and on the telephone.
- Must be clearly understood and have a command of the English language. Ability to communicate in French, Spanish or Portuguese, beneficial.
- Applied knowledge of computers and relevant software applications to include, Microsoft Office, required; SAP Business One experience, strongly preferred. CRM experience, a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology and 2 years work experience as an EET, strongly desired.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Performs administrative duties at office desk: periodic computer work, carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks.
- Works often in the customer’s location (primarily in the United States but some international travel required) including but not limited to high voltage installations.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to customers and co-workers one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move objects 1 lb. to 50 lbs. frequently (40%); 50 lbs. to 75 lbs. occasionally (5%). Duties may require overhead lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally (5%).
- Job requires walking or standing often and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- The job requires frequent use of hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, reasoning ability, mathematical skills, organizational skills, and communication skills. Great mental effort is required due to daily pressure resulting from adverse interactions with the public, frequent deadlines, and the demands of the job.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- May require personal safety equipment such as hearing and eye protection, as well as protection from electrical shock, in PPE specified areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- General office equipment including but not limited to copier, fax, binding machine, multi-line phone system.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Tish Dison, HR Manager, at (865) 218-5814 or email@example.com.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.