JOB SUMMARY:The Principal Engineer is responsible for overseeing technical aspects of product development, ensuring the elements (hardware and software) chosen meet the requirements of cost, performance, maintainability and longevity. The Principal Engineer may also act as team lead for certain highly-technical projects. The role will act as the representative for the company as the domain expert, specifically in the Vibration Analysis and Balancing areas. Coordination with Product Management, Sales, and customers will be required to ensure the system design will meet the end-customer requirements within the expected price target.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|40%||Assist Engineering in the system design, architecture, integration and implementation of new technologies into products. These areas may include an extension or upgrade of an existing product, a cost optimized product, a parallel product offering, or an all new technology.|
|30%||Engineering activities related to product development. Examples include hardware design, writing firmware or application code, updating FPGA code, writing test cases, performing verification testing, etc.|
|10%||Research and evaluation of new or existing technologies that can be incorporated into TEC products to provide more value for customers, higher margins and higher sales for the company.|
|10%||Supervising contractors or employees as required for software maintenance, software development and mechanical design to support R&D and sustaining activities.|
|10%||Training of TEC personnel and customers on vibration measurement and balancing.|
- 15 Years of experience in designing measurement systems for use by customers. Proven experience in:
- DSP algorithms including FFTs, filters, sampling systems
- Hardware design for data acquisition including both analog and digital aspects.
- Signal processing: Filter design and optimization
- Simulation tools for evaluating signal design
- Algorithm development in C, C++, embedded platforms and Windows
- FPGA and programmable devices
- Version control system
- Linux/Eclipse development environment
- Digital design including uP, memories, IO etc.
- Analog design including sensor interfaces, filters, data acquisition
- Power supply design
- Writing product specifications and managing developments projects to meet product requirements and development schedules
- MSEE or equivalent
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Works predominately at office desk: carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to internal and external stakeholders in both a one-on-one and group setting.
- The job requires use of hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects 1 lb. to 20 lbs. multiple times each month and objects 20-50 lbs. rarely, perhaps a couple of times each month.
- Job requires walking or standing often, sometimes for long periods, and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Works in environmentally controlled work area with adequate lighting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- 15-20% travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Logic analyzers
- Compilers and debugging tools
- Other electronic test equipment
- Office suites for proposals, documentation and analysis (Excel)
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Tish Dison, HR Manager, at (865) 218-5814 or email@example.com.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.