A Software Developer – Embedded is responsible for design, development, and testing of software projects for embedded platforms.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|60%||Use engineering and design computer software to complete full lifecycle application development. Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.|
|10%||Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis and software review. Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.|
|5%||Support, maintain and document software functionality.|
|5%||Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.|
|5%||Perform software testing and quality assurance.|
|5%||Analyze existing software including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.|
|5%||Participate in design reviews of software to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.|
|3%||Provide feedback to support/training staff about usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.|
|2%||Utilize tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming including measuring instruments.|
- Experience in high level languages including C++ and C#.
- Desire to learn new technologies both within software development and domain-specific areas.
- Experience in embedded systems programming, with desire to expand in other areas such as mobile application development.
- Knowledgeable in design and implementation of REST APIs.
- Knowledgeable in database interfaces such as SQL.
- Programming experience with Linux is a plus.
- Ability to maintain internal and external relationships that meet company core values of being Customer Focused, Professional, and a positive member of the Team.
- Ability to work in multiple-developer projects using version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Ability to keep supervisor and other team members apprised on a regular basis of all activities.
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Ability to perform assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from management and/or an engineering specialist.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, computer science, physics discipline, etc.) OR Over ten (10) years of experience in software engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Works predominately in an office environment: extensive computer work, carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks; and providing verbal contact with customers and co-workers.
- May lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects in excess of 1 lb. to 20 lbs frequently (75 %) and in excess of 20 lbs occasionally (10%).
- Job may require walking or standing for brief periods of time and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing as job requires.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Standard office machines, including computer, multiline phone system, copier, scanner, and projector.
- Oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, various meters, computer driven test equipment, etc.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.