The Digital Marketing Strategist will oversee Technology for Energy Corporation’s digital assets, as well as social media and inbound and outbound digital marketing efforts. The Digital Marketing Strategist will help TEC grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and promoters of our brands. The incumbent should have command of best practices and trends in digital marketing, be strategic and creative in their approach, and understand how to build and convert a digital audience. The Digital Marketing Strategist will work with the EVP of Product Management & Strategic Marketing and Product Managers to develop and implement the strategic direction needed to achieve our digital goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|30%||Plans and implements inbound marketing strategies including content, content schedule, media platforms, and measurements. Establishes and maintains consistent branding and messaging using all digital assets across all brands.|
|25%||Creates content for updating external and internal websites, e-newsletters, blogs, and social media. Responsible for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) by critiquing websites on search engine related issues and implementing related updates.|
|20%||Plans, produces, and edits video and photo content to achieve marketing and sales goals. Maintains and operates video equipment, edits select footage, and stays up-to-date with all new technological advances.|
|15%||Uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, videos, packaging, and informative and instructional materials. Generates, manipulates, and creates graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated multimedia programs|
|10%||Develops and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure and manage effectiveness of all marketing/communication/branding efforts. Provides ongoing reporting and recommendations to improve marketing results.|
- Created demonstrable and measurable growth in a strategic marketing role, ideally in a product-based, B2B business
- Experience designing, implementing, and continuously optimizing Google Adwords campaigns to drive new web traffic
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Applied knowledge of computers and relevant software applications in a Microsoft Windows environment. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Suite experience required. Solid understanding of page layout, illustration, and editing.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of initiative. Ability to work well with others in a team environment and independently.
- Strong organizational and time/task management skills. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field with four years marketing/social media experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Works predominately at office desk: carrying out both manual and repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to internal and external stakeholders in both a one-on-one and group setting.
- The job requires use of hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects 1 lb. to 20 lbs. multiple times each month and objects 20-50 lbs. rarely, a couple of times each month.
- Job requires walking or standing often and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Works in environmentally controlled work area with adequate lighting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- May require personal safety equipment such as hearing and eye protection.
- Regular local travel. Limited domestic travel required (5-10%). Occasional international travel may be required (<5%).
- Knowledge of standard office machines, including computer, multiline phone system, fax, postage, copier, scanner, binding, etc.
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.