JOB SUMMARY: The Electric Field Site Auditor performs work testing single and three-phase meters and metering related equipment, while auditing each site for flaws, such as safety issues and possible reasons for billing errors. Work is performed in the field and in the office for data analysis. Travel up to 75%.
Employees in this class may be exposed to hazards and possible injury as a result of working around energized lines. Work must be performed in an extremely efficient manner with a very minimal error rate. Employees in this class are required to use appropriate safety equipment and follow safety procedures in performing assignments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|30% (Manual)||Perform testing procedures of single and three phase electric watt-hour meters and related metering equipment, including but not limited to, Current Transformers (CTs) and Voltage Transformers (VTs) with or without customer escort.|
|30% (Non-Manual)||Provide technical information and support to Electric Power division customers and sales reps. This includes answering technical questions, troubleshooting, training, and solving hardware and software problems.|
|30% (Non-Manual)||Generate test reports and formatted data using proprietary software. Provide proof of site audit by photographing site flaws and safety issues; performing wiring inspections; verifying billing multipliers; and analyzing site data.|
|10% (Non-Manual)||Assist in providing sales presentations; introductory and follow-up calls and meetings; and networking with decision makers for future sales via trade shows and various business relations events.|
- Proven communication skills both orally and written with customers and internal co-workers. Ability to rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Ability to understand electric meter wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Knowledge of basic electrical theories and practices
- Knowledge of standard electrical safety practices and procedures for work around electrical equipment including high voltage circuits, service entrance requirements for electric utilities, and electric meters
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures of power equipment and vehicles used in overhead and underground electrical systems
- Experience with basic hand tools used to install meters and various electrical equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- High School degree/ GED, or associates degree in electronics or electrical technology
- Minimum 4 years full-time experience in the field testing for electric meter accuracy and related metering equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, ambient air, temperature extremes, traffic, and risk of electrical shock.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to internal and external stakeholders in both a one-on-one and group setting.
- The job requires use of hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects 20 to 50 lbs. multiple times each day.
- Job requires walking or standing frequently and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- Will require personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hard hats, foot protection, arc flash protection, eye and face protection, hand protection, and protective clothing in specified areas.
- Travels (including airline travel) frequently to customer sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- PC/laptop, Cellular telephone, hand tools for installation or removal of electric meters and related equipment, meter test equipment and accessories
TO APPLY: Submit a resume or application by mail, fax, or email to:
Tish Dison, Human Resources Manager
Technology for Energy Corporation
10737 Lexington Drive
Knoxville, TN 37932
Fax (865) 966-7336