JOB SUMMARY: The Product Service Manager supervises/manages the flow of product returned for service. Supervises/manages all services provided by the Powermetrix calibration laboratory. The position also supports sales operations, product development, and product testing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|30%||Manages the Electric Power product service process and supports stakeholders involved.|
|25%||Calibrates/certifies customer equipment for service.|
|20%||Provides support to customers for service related issues.|
|15%||Calibrates/certifies new equipment for manufacturing.|
|5%||Provides testing support for engineering.|
|2%||Organizes/maintains equipment used for consignment and engineering.|
|1%||Maintains documentation and equipment used by the Powermetrix calibration laboratory.|
|1%||Performs repairs to equipment returned for service.|
|1%||Periodically reviews and evaluates product performance.|
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic equipment
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
- Experience in customer service
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Keyboarding skills and familiarity with PCs, Windows software, and Microsoft Office
- Experience in SAP Business One preferred
- Willingness to learn
- Associate’s degree in Engineering/Electronics required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Job requires the ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects 20-50 lbs each month.
- Job requires walking or standing often and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Works in environmentally controlled work area with adequate lighting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- The job requires use of hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Works predominately at office desk: carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks.
- Job requires verbal contact with and listening to internal and external stakeholders in both a one-on-one and group setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Powermaster 8901 Calibration System, telephone, computer
TO APPLY: Submit a resume or application by mail, fax, or email to:
Tish Dison, Human Resources Manager
Technology for Energy Corporation
10737 Lexington Drive
Knoxville, TN 37932
Fax (865) 966-7336
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.