JOB SUMMARY:A Software Developer (Cloud Interface) develops the infrastructure to view, sort, and modify proprietary data stored in a database using standard concepts, practices, tools and techniques within the framework of TEC’s development process. Most of the infrastructure development will be the creation of the front-end user interface for management of the database. Under the supervision of a project lead, the developer provides timely execution of all phases of the software development process. The developer works from a defined set of requirements to achieve the business objectives within a prescribed timeline. The developer has a key role in the development and sustainability of cloud services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|60%||Perform software development efforts through the entire product development life cycle – from concept to production release and support. Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.|
|10%||Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review. Provide feedback regarding usability issues concerning software specifications. Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.|
|10%||Perform software testing and quality assurance.|
|10%||Support, maintain and document software functionality.|
|5%||Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.|
|5%||Interact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel.|
- Experience with the complete process of public cloud infrastructure development including system analysis, reliability, security, scaling, and recoverability desired.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is highly preferred.
- Knowledgeable in best-practices of safeguarding sensitive information in the cloud.
- Experience in database interfaces such as MySQL highly preferred.
- Experience programming in a Linux environment desired.
- Knowledgeable in network APIs.
- Ability to work in multiple-developer projects using version control systems.
- Well organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to keep supervisor and other team members apprised on a regular basis of all activities.
- Ability to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Ability to perform assignments independently with appropriate instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from management and/or a project lead.
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organization, and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (computer science, electrical engineering, etc.) OR Over three (3) years of experience in software development, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Works predominately in an office environment: extensive computer work, carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks; and providing verbal contact with customers and co-workers.
- May lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects in excess of 1 lb. to 20 lbs. frequently (75%) and in excess of 20 lbs. occasionally (10%).
- Job may require walking or standing for brief periods of time and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing as job requires.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Extended work hours may be necessary as workload dictates. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, various meters, computer driven test equipment, etc.
- Standard office machines, including computer, multiline phone system, copier, scanner, and projector.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume or application by mail, fax, or email to:
Tish Dison, Human Resources Manager
Technology for Energy Corporation
10737 Lexington Drive
Knoxville, TN 37932
Fax (865) 966-7336
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.