JOB SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Test Technician performs testing/repair/failure analysis of TEC’s products. Works with Engineering to develop/modify functional test procedure for production units. Tests production products prior to shipping them out.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a job incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. An employee will be required to follow other job-related duties required by the manager.
|% of Time Performing Task||Responsibility/Accountability|
|30%||Repairs returned customer equipment|
|30%||Performs calibration of customer equipment|
|25%||Performs testing of scheduled production|
|5%||Assists engineering in design/prototype testing|
|5%||Assists QA with incoming inspection/testing|
|5%||Performs other duties as required by supervisor|
- Mechanical aptitude, abstract reasoning skills, and problem solving skills
- Experience with direct customer contact in a services environment
- Mental activities necessary include concentration, mathematical accuracy, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills, (both verbal and written).
- Associate’s degree in Electronincs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift, push and pull 60 pounds frequently.
- Works periodically at office desks: usually with extensive computer work carrying out both manual and repetitive arm hand and finger movements in regards to computerized data entry and data processing tasks; and providing verbal contact with customers and co-workers.
- Job requires walking or standing for long periods of time and may include periodic bending, stooping, crouching, and climbing as job requires.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not an inclusive list of other demands that may arise.
- Voltage Meters
- Waveform Generator
- Power Supply
- General hand tools
- Other equipment as required
TO APPLY: Submit a resume or application by mail, fax, or email to:
Tish Dison, Human Resources Manager
Technology for Energy Corporation
10737 Lexington Drive
Knoxville, TN 37932
Fax (865) 966-7336
Technology for Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.